Product: Carrier Specific Rules
Availability: Online Access
Length: 90 minutes
Format: Recorded video PowerPoint presentation with audio narration
CEU's: AHIMA generic certificate
Carrier Specific Rules will provide the user the following information:
Get proven tips and strategies to understand, track and manage carrier-specific rules. Learn how to eliminate denials due to carrier-specific rules and guidelines. Most clinics waste time and money calling carriers for every denial.
Jeff will cover some of the most important issues surrounding carrier-specific rules and what you need to know from a global perspective.
- In this Webinar you will learn:
- Identify carrier-specific guidelines – coding or billing rule that is specific to a carrier
- Proper procedures for appealing denied claims
- Learn the most efficient way to determine a carrier specific rule
- Differentiate fact from opinion for a carrier-specific rule
- Financial impact of carrier-specific rules on the practice
- Realize the risk involved when reporting a service incorrectly and getting paid misinterpreting a carrier-specific rule
- Even major carriers have differing rules depending on your region
- How a coder’s knowledge of CPT and ICD-9-CM coding basics affect this process
- 10 biggest errors found in audits
- How use of modifiers and unlisted codes impact claims
- Examples of carrier-specific rules
- How to read an EOB – no standard denial codes, unique to every vendor
- Handling duplicate diagnostic testing claims
- The right way to get billing advice.
- The difference between a rejection and a denial
- What are carrier-specific rules for MOD-25 or MOD-59.